This privacy notice (together with our cookie notice) is provided to help you understand how we collect, use, share, protect, and otherwise deal with your personal information when you use our MyDigicel App. Please read it carefully.
Who We Are
The data controller for our MyDigicel app is Digicel Caribbean Limited 20 Micoud Street Castries, St Lucia
Our Contact Details
If you have any concerns or questions about our privacy notice, you can contact us via email to:
DPO@digicelgroup.com or write to us at:
14 Ocean Boulevard,
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Information we collect about you
We currently collect and process the following information about you:
- The contact information you provide such as your name, address, mobile number and email address;
- Your account information, such as the plans and/or subscriptions you have, or your account identifier;
- Your billing information, place of residence and any other information you provide for the provision of payment services, administration and billing processes;
- Details about your device(s), for example, the unique device ID, MSISDN, IP address, the device model, browser type, device settings and operating system; and
- Information about your interaction with our app including but not limited to, traffic data, communication data, the resources that you access within the app and the services, products or features you use the most.
- Location information from your device, which is collected further to your consent. This includes precise geolocation data from or about your device expressed by latitude-longitude coordinates obtained through GPS tools, WiFi data, cell tower triangulation and other location tracking techniques. This location data may be collected whether the app is in use or inactive.
Our app may contain links to other websites, which are owned and managed by third parties. It is your responsibility, when visiting these links to understand how those third parties will use your data by reviewing their privacy & cookie notices. Once you exit the application or our website, we do not have control over the information that is submitted or collected by those third parties and accept no responsibility for these third party websites.
How we get that information and why we have it
Most of the information that we process is provided to us by you:
- When you register, browse and use the services available on our app;
- When you get in touch with us or respond to communications from us; or
- Directly from our affiliates with your consent.
Other data is collected through the use of various technologies:
- We collect information about your interaction with our app, for example, through Google Analytics, cookies and software development kits (SDKs ). For more detailed information on the cookies we collect and how we use the information collected, please review the cookie notice.
- We take repeated measurements from your device from time to time including location data, network type, network operator, cellular and Wi-Fi signal strength and quality, and the identifiers of connected cell towers and Wi-Fi routers (including both BSSID and SSID).
- We measure how data is flowing, both passively (by monitoring how fast it moves through other apps), and actively (by running a test that downloads or uploads data). We do not monitor the content of your data usage. This aids us in measuring the experience you have of wireless networks.
- We measure internal device conditions – such as battery temperature and voltage. This aids us in understanding how instantaneous device conditions affect experience of mobile networks.
- We collect data on your device hardware such as the model, manufacturer, and manufacturers and models of sub-components (such as the cellular radio) and their capabilities, in order to assess and understand differences between devices.
- We collect information on the mobile platform version to understand differences caused by software and to understand how device properties affect experience of mobile networks.
- When you first use the app a random identification code is generated by our software and allocated to your mobile device and used to identify your device whenever we take measurements. This is collected with other data such as related IP addresses, the device MAC number and/or the Android serial number. We generally pseudonymise and collecte this data for aggregate analytics and statistical purposes, such as understanding how much data a device contributes.
Generally, we will use the information that we have collected to:
1) verify or authenticate your identity;
2) validate your subscription;
3) maintain and provide the services you have requested through our app;
4) assist with service related issues, account management, customer care and technical support;
5) gather data on and improve the performance of the service, product and service development, and customer care;
6) carry out marketing analysis to tailor the services to your preferences – sending you relevant information and promotions;
7) market our services; and
8) share with our third-party advertising partners to personalize & improve your online experience;
9) carry out statistical analysis such as analysing the performance of our website and app and to understand how visitors use them.
10) comprehensively assess all aspects of the customer experience, from hardware elements to software and network elements, so that we can continue to develop and improve our performance and your experience.
Legal basis for using your information
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
- Where you give us your consent, for example where you have given your consent for us to collect or process your data. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via our contact details or by changing your preferences under your device settings;
- For a legitimate business interest, where it is necessary for us to understand how users use our apps, and to analyse what content has been viewed on our app, for marketing and improving our services;
- For the performance of our contract with you, for example where you have purchased a subscription from us, we need to process your personal information to provide you with our services and content; or
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
International Transfer of Data
Where applicable and in order to provide some of our products and services to you, we may transfer your personal information internationally to companies within the Digicel Group, our partners and service providers involved in delivering and maintaining the products and services you use.
If we do transfer any of your personal information to other countries, we will ensure that there is an adequate level of protection for your personal information and ensure that a proper legal agreement is in place to cover such data transfers to these countries.
If you would like further information about this please contact us via ‘Our Contact Details’ above.
Who We Share Your Information With
We share your information with:
- our subsidiaries and affiliates; and
- partners and service providers involved on our behalf in delivering the services to you (that includes our payment gateway, app developer, advertising partners and engagement platform provider);
We ensure there is a data processing agreement in place so that your personal information is only processed for a specified purpose and that it is protected in accordance with privacy laws.
How We Store Your Information
We take the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and unlawful processing, accidental loss, damage or destruction.
We keep your personal information for no more than is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless we are required to so for a longer period to comply with legal, tax or regulatory reasons. When we no longer need or are not required to keep your information we will securely delete your information and ensure all recipients of your data also comply with the same.
Where you have given us your consent to use your data and you decide to withdraw that consent, we will delete your personal data unless we are required to keep it for reasons we have explained above. We may need to keep a piece of your contact information e.g. your email address in our records so we know that you have withdrawn your consent and ensure we honour your choice.
Your Data Protection Rights
You can do the following at any time by contacting us:
- Request to see a copy of the information we have about you;
- Request to update any incorrect or inaccurate information we have about you;
- Restrict or object to us processing your information in certain circumstances;
- Have us delete any information we have about you in certain circumstances
- Express any concern you have about our use of your information; an
- To opt-out of marketing messages - you can also opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any marketing email, text or message to unsubscribe, or disable push notifications, or change your preferences on your device ,
Our app may contain links to other third party websites or apps. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or apps. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and cookie policies of these third party websites or apps before you use or give them your personal information.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was last updated on February 9, 2022
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our website